Hit your favorite fishing spot with your friend or two with one of these impressive fishing boats…!
An inflatable fishing boat is basically a rubber raft that consists of air and fabric. These multipurpose watercraft’s have become extremely popular and desirable for a large number of anglers. A portable, stable, low-cost alternative to an aluminum or fiberglass boat, inflatable boats can offer similar luxuries.
The benefits of using these inflatable fishing boat can be summarized into 4 reasons which are storage, cost, efficiency, and comfort.
|Storage||It is portable as it takes up almost zero space when deflated hence making storage easier.|
|Cost||Inexpensive than regular boats.|
|Efficiency||The inflatable boat is light therefore it don’t require a lot of power (motor). You can even settle for paddling using an inflatable fishing boat.|
|Comfort||It is more comfortable to sit on an inflatable boat as it is comfortable and soft. In other words, it won’t exert much strain on your bottom if you plan to fish for a longer period of time.|
Apart from that, the numerous factors that affect your performance of your inflatable boat is the speed, size and shape of boat, stability, capacity, comfort and durability.
With a long and narrow boat, you are able to go at faster speed but your boat will be less stable. Conversely, with a short and wide boat, you won’t go as fast but your boat while be very stable when on water.
Finding the perfect fishing gear is quite a difficult task, especially if you don’t know what to look for. There are countless options available on the market which can be very confusing at times. So, here are some buying guidelines which will help you to buy the perfect item for you.
- Aim of your purchase: Before purchasing, think of the aim of your boat. Do you want to buy an inflatable item suitable for fishing? Do you want a boat for relaxation purposes? Are you looking for an inflatable fishing boat with tent?Depending on your choice, there are different categories to select from.
- Budget Limitation: Depending on your budget, you can opt for a wide variety of inflating boats. Depending on your budget, you can opt for a wide variety of inflating boats sold online. A more affordable price could mean fabric faults or poorer quality materials, as well as less comfortable accessories or less room for storing your tools and luggage.
- Storage capacity: Another important aspect to take into consideration when purchasing any type of inflatable boat is the item’s full storage capacity.
- Accessories provided: Last but not least, we suggest you take a look at the accessories list too before purchasing any type of inflatable boat. Most of them come with a patching kit for emergencies. Some of the items may arrive faulty so make sure you can return the item and receive a full refund if you are not fully satisfied with the quality of the product you ordered.
There are many types of inflatable fishing boats out there, all depending on your personal preference and type of activity such as the rigid inflatable boat, small boat, sport boat, river raft as well as pontoon boat. Here are some of the best inflatable fishing boats
Top 6 Inflatable Fishing Boats
Bestway Hydro-Force Caspian
The Bestway HydroForce Caspian is a two person inflatable boat that you can use in secure water. This boat is 7 ft 7 in (2.3 m) and you can use it for a variety of trips and functions including fishing, exploring lakes, general cruising, etc. It comes with two (57 in or 145 cm) aluminium oars, seat, Air Hammer hand inflation pump, repair kit, pressure gauge and 33 ft (10 m) towing rope. It is built with TRITECH, which is a 3 ply reinforced material. It has a polyester mesh core encased in two layers of laminated, terylene supported PVC. The motor is sold seperately
It has superior strength and durability. It is very easy to assemble as it has quick inflation valves and you don’t need any tools to set up the seat and floorboards. The boat is well designed so you can use it for many different types of boating. It can handle the most extreme marine conditions including exposure to petroleum products and UV rays. However, in rougher conditions or high waves you may get wet as the sides are not very high. This is expected as it is best used in calm water conditions and sheltered areas.
- 2 chamber construction for better spaciousness.
- Marine-grade plywood transom
- Integrated drain valve
- Metal steel tow ring
- Carrying handles and easy to store.
- Quick inflation/deflation air valves
- Weatherproof rubbing stake
- Easy to assemble floorboards and bench seats – no tools needed
- Floor Type: Plywood
- Capacity: 2 persons
- Max load: 258kg
- Weight: 23kg
- Boat Dimensions (LxWxH): 2.3m x 1.3m x 33cm
The Sea Eagle 9 or SE9 Inflatable Raft is a very versatile boat. This inflatable fishing boat includes a wood bench seat, motor mount support bench seat, motor mount set, wood floorboard set, oars, foot pump and a repair kit. When inflated, the Sea Eagle 9 measures 132’’x 56’’. The boat’s floor features I-beam support which adds to the SE9’s rigidity, making the boat even more stable. The SE9 features two all-around air chambers. The 15’’ diameter main chamber is at the bottom, while the back-up chamber rests on top. Two Easy To Open and Shut Floor Drains increases the versatility and functionality of the Sea Eagle 9.
This lightweight, affordable, inflatable fishing boat is super stable and works great with small gas or electric motors. Also, it is made from 38 mm Polykrylar material which provides excellent resistance to punctures and impact tears due to sharp objects or rocks. The seam on the other hand is made from high frequency weld. The boat is 11.6 ft long with a massive carrying capacity so you can easily fit 4 passengers and gear into this boat. You can customise the raft to suit your needs. You have the option to add a canopy, hard floorboards and bench seats. This boat is super safe as it uses a unique design for the air tubes. It incorporates a safety air chamber which goes around the top of the main air tube. Also, it has maximum interior space as the tube is high rather than wide.
- Unbelievable stability and weight capacity.
- Primary and secondary safety air chambers plus removable reinforced inflatable floor.
- Two easy to open and shut floor drains.
- Removable reinforced inflatable floor and seats.
- Lightweight, stable, durable.
- Comfortable and easy to setup.
- Floor Type: Inflatable removable double layered reinforced 4” thick
- Capacity: 4 people
- Max load: 1,200 pounds
- Weight: 38 pounds (hull only); 50 pounds (with inflatable floor and motormount)
- Boat Dimension: 41 x 21 x 9 inches
Intex Mariner 4
The Intex Mariner 4 is a high-quality inflatable boat well-known for its durability, practicality, and performance. It has all the features needed to offer a relaxing fishing trip on the lake, a calm float down the river, or even an adventurous ocean excursion. Because the Intex Mariner 4 is built with sturdy PVC and equipped with an inflatable keel. It is quite strong and able to navigate well in a variety of waters. You can use this boat on any calm waters including lakes, streams and rivers. This raft measures 10.7 feet (3.2 metres) in length so there is plenty of space for passengers and gear.
It is constructed with their three-ply SUPER TOUGH™ PVC with heavy duty extruded plastic floor. The PVC material has a strong molecular structure to resist damage from impact, sunlight and scratches. Because of the lightweight nature of the boat and relatively short frame, it makes a great candidate for a small electric trolling motor. The boat is packed with features including a durable rock guard, fishing rod holders, boston valves, motor mount fittings, all around grab line, rotating oar locks, oar holders, and designated battery and gear pouches. It is easy to inflate and deflate air in and out of this inflatable boat. This product also holds air well so you don’t have to worry about your boat deflating in the middle of the lake or river.
- Heavy duty extruded plastic flooring.
- Rotating oarlocks and oar holders.
- Inflatable keel for improved control and handling.
- Four Boston valves for easy inflation, a high-output hand pump, and a rock guard for added protection.
- Grab handle on each end of the boat for easy carrying.
- Battery and gear pouches, motor mount fitting, all-around grab line.
- Certified by the National Marine Manufacturer’s Association (NMMA) and U.S. Coast Guard I.D.
- Includes inflatable seats, repair patch kit, 54-inch deluxe aluminum oars, and high-output manual hand pump.
- Intex products include a limited 30-day manufacturer’s warranty against defects in materials and workmanship.
- Floor Type: Super-Tough PVC material.
- Capacity: 4 people
- Max load: 880 pounds
- Weight: 77 pounds
- Boat Dimension: 57 by 19 by 129 inches (W x H x D)
AIRHEAD Angler Bay
Angler Bay Inflatable Boats are designed to give you all the components you need to have a great fishing adventure. This inflatable raft is great for fishing trips with friends or family and it is so strong you can even take your pet dog with you. This boat features an inflatable floor, movable seat, handy wrap around grab lines, 4 drain plugs, a battery storage bag, ditty bag, 2 rod holders and multiple molded drink holders upon purchase of this product. The 6-person Angler Bay is made out of heavy duty vinyl and AIRHEAD incorporated welded seam construction for increased durability. It weighs just 49.8 pounds, and is lightweight hence being portable and easy to travel with and keep in you carry case. They’re lightweight, portable and ideal for lakes and slow moving streams.
Furthermore, it comes with wrap around grab lines, trolling motor transom mounts and side mounted oar holder. You either have a choice to travel in the boat using the oars provided or using a small motor to propel your boat forward. The seat cushions add comfort to your trip however they are not fully adjustable. You can move the position of the seat on the bottom of the boat. The drainage plugs on the other hand needs to be tightly secured at all times to prevent water from entering your inflatable boat. The inflatable floor on the other hand is easy to assemble. Patented speed safety valves offer quick inflating and deflating. The product also comes with 1 year warranty.
- Includes an inflatable floor and a movable seat
- Quick to inflate and deflate
- Constructed of heavy-duty vinyl with electronically welded seams
- Stable and safe
- Equipped with wrap around grab lines
- There are 2 rod holders and multiple molded drink holders
- Speed safety valves
- Compact and portable
- Easy to handle
- Inflation gauge added to check air pressure
- Floor Type: Inflatable floor
- Capacity: 6 people
- Max load: 900 pounds
- Weight: 49.8 pounds
- Boat Dimension: 24.25 L x 18.25 W x 11 H
Sea Eagle Stealth Stalker 10
The Sea Eagle Stealth Stalker 10 is an excellent 2-person inflatable fishing boat that is well-suited for a wide variety of conditions. This roomy, portable, light weight boat features a fully enclosed hull for use on almost any body of water. Its hunter green color blends in with the natural surroundings making it a great boat for hunting and fishing. The Sea Eagle Stealth Stalker 10 features wide inflatable tubes (40cm in diameter) that completely surround the interior cockpit. As a frameless boat, the Stealth Stalker is incredibly light. The hull weighs 37 pounds alone when inflated, and 77 pounds with the floorboards and motor mount.
It is moves with its own foot pedal pump, which makes it easier for everyone who hates pumping with hand pumps. There is no frame, so the boat can be packed away neatly in many different shapes. The Sea Eagle Stealth Stalker 10 comes prepared for motor framework. It features two removable 360 degree swivel seats on 7 inch pedestals, 4 universal Scotty mount pads, 4 universal Scotty deck mounts, 4 Scotty rod holders and a motor mount. It takes about 15 minutes to inflate and assemble fully. The Sea Eagle Stealth Stalker 10 is also highly customizable, which gives you lots of flexibility when it comes to adding additional accessories. It has a draft of only about 4 inches, which means the Stealth Stalker 10 can get into a lot of places where other boats dare not go. The Stealth Stalker 10 is NMMA and CE certified and it comes with a 3 year manufacturing warranty.
- Swivel seats that can rotate 360 degrees
- Brackets to install a canopy for hot, sunny days
- Easy to assemble, with an easy to read instruction manual
- Hunter Green color
- Three carry handles and four universal Scotty mount pads.
- Wide Dingy Hull Configuration
- Lightweight, portable and stable.
- Floor Type: Inflatable tubes
- Capacity: 2 people
- Max load: 1199 pounds
- Weight: 37 pounds when inflated
- Boat Dimension: 31’’ x 24’’ x 12’’
Intex Seahawk 4
The Intex Seahawk 4 Four Person Inflatable Fishing Boat is a great way to spend a day on the water. This inflatable boat set is designed especially for fishing on lakes or amateur outings. This product comes with an inflation pump in which is used in the boat assembly, which is the inflation process. The inflation using the included hand pump on the other hand takes about 25 minutes to fully inflate to the size of the boat. It is fully customizable, that means you can make it better, stronger and more reliable, even in shallow waters and rapids.The Seahawk 4 is a sturdy 30 gauge thick PVC vinyl that is tough enough to withstand most wear outs and punctures.
The Seahawk 4 contain 3 separate air chambers so you will remain afloat and can safely reach shore. Another advantage is it features build in ore locks as well as built in rod holders. The boat is unaffected by gasoline, salt water, oil, and sunlight. Once you’re done for the day, you can tow the boat out using the grab handle on the bow or all-around grab line. Other features include a grab handle on the bow, oar holders, a gear pouch, and a U.S. Coast Guard ID. The sturdy and solid construction of this inflatable fishing boat ensures that the boat is always stable and therefore reduces the chances of it likely capsizing in the water. It weighing just 46 pounds, this boat is lightweight therefore easy to carry and portable.
- Included 48″ aluminum oars that collapse for easy storage
- Includes Intex Double Quick II Hand Pump
- Grab handle and all around grab line for easy carrying
- Two inflatable seat cushions for comfort.
- Super-tough 30-gauge PVC vinyl construction
- 2 fishing rod holders at the rear, also includes welded oarlocks, oar holders, and oars.
- Floor Type: PVC vinyl construction
- Capacity: 4 people
- Max load: 814 pounds
- Weight: 46 pounds
- Boat Dimension: 138″ L x 57″ W x 19″ H
In a nutshell, an inflatable fishing boat is beneficial in terms of storage, cost and efficiency. Most importantly, it is portable so it will take up minimum space when storing. Apart from that, it can be used for either amateur boating with your family or fishing as they are comfy and stable.
You should take into consideration factors such as maximum load, weight and stability when purchasing your very own inflatable fishing boat.
Some of the boats on our list are great for more than one type of fun. Others are meant just for fishing. At the end of the day, just remember to have fun!